15 Ways to Improve Your Content Marketing – SES London ( #SESUK ) @leeodden
I’ll be honest when Bas sorted tickets for us to cover SES London there was one session I really wanted to really wanted to cover this one with Lee Odden from Top Rank Blog.
Here are my big take aways from his session.
- 85% of UK Marketers Think Content Marketing is Important but only 50% have a strategy
- Everything you do has the potential to help you create content, see the opportunity in everything you do.
- When you make any piece of content think about what your customers want. Just because you can create do doesn’t mean you should.
- The act of being social often can be a means of creating content
- Brands not providing good content are actually delivering bad customer service
- Think if you got your FAQ section well optimised just think how much you’d save on customer service costs.
- If you get your calls to action right rich content will drive conversions even though you might not expect it to.
- Persona development is essential part of the content production process and makes it easier to create content
- Curation is a legitimate form of content production
- Audit what content you already have, in many cases you already have enough content to get started
- Optimise everything new you put out on the web, if it’s content an SEO should touch it before it goes live.
- Ask your current customers questions it’ll help you in your persona development
- Check out Flowtown to get information on social media websites used by your email marketing subscribers
- If you’ve not got an editorial calendar you don’t have a content marketing strategy.
- Repurposing for new audiences allows you to get more from your content