Every SEO wants to check his rankings. Even though the world of search is changing, rankings still play a big role when it comes to the everyday job of the SEO. Yes, we have Universal Results, yes, Search Plus Your World is playing a huge part in our visibility, but rankings still are an important relative key performance indicator.
And with the ever internationalizing world of search (we can see how important internationalization has become by all the great content coming from the International Search Summit last week for example), we want to know how we do in different part of the world, on different search engines, not just Google.
Linkdex has understood the importance of the combination of the both and has added Baidu, Yandex and Yahoo to the list of search engines you can track your rankings. It has also added language options, which means you can check these search engines in over 35 countries in multiple languages.
On their blog Linkdex explains how it works:
- You use one rank checking credit for each country, engine, language check you want us to do and report on. You still DO NOT use credits for each competitor you’re rank checking. These are included.
- You can check rankings daily or weekly or a mixture of both.
- You can easily compare any domain, country, engine, language combination side by side. This is perfect for checking a single domain in lots of places or competitors.
- You can add multiple tags to any keywords to group and filter results and reports.
- You can add, pause and re-start any configuration at any time.
Linkdex’ move is an answer to what many international marketers are looking for: international data. To be able to optimize for different countries and territories, you need to understand how the specific country works, both culturally but also in data. That is not directly clear for every marketer (hence the launch of the International SEO School last week). Getting data from the search engines helps a lot on this and those working in different markets will be pleased with getting this feature within Linkdex.