RIMC 2013: Site Architecture the Right Way – Shari Thurow #RIMC13
- SEO, architecture and user experience
- Organise content so its easy to find
- Ensure access to desired content
- Prevent access to undesirable content
- SEO is not about algorithms
- IA decisions have a clear impact on SEO
- Organisations constantly ignore this fundamental issue
- Content can be arranged by lots of categories but SEOs only determine IA by topics or subject via keywords. This should not be done, but by tasks, processes, target audience, type etc
- Supplemental text links far more contextual such as see also pages
- Be proactive, not reactive. Build a website that searchers want, not what search engines want
- Can I eat it?
- Can it eat me?
- Can I have sex with it?
Shari Thurow – Omni Marketing
Shari Thurow has been designing and promoting Web sites since 1995, and she is outsourced to many firms throughout the U.S. As a pioneer in the area of search-engine friendly Web site design, she has a 100% success rate for getting client sites ranked at the top of search engines and is the author of Search Engine Visibility. She also has experience in banner advertising, and posting to moderated discussion lists and newsgroups.
- Using Data to Drive Online Marketing Decisions – #seslon
- Best Read Articles of February 2014
- Help us find the State of SEO
- Top 5 Must Haves on a Small PPC Campaign Budget
- Digital Marketing Research Publications for week 9 2014
- How Big is Majestic? It’s BIG!
- Friday Commentary: Data Insights Or Cornflakes – What do you Base your Decisions on?
- What a Marketer must Understand from the Acquisition of WhatsApp
- The Rise of Content Scraping – is it Sharing or Stealing?
- Five Ways To Effectively Use Video Marketing Internationally