Title: Marketing and Content Executive
Company: Click Consult
John is an internal marketer at Click Consult where he spends his time accruing industry certifications, tinkering with code, plotting strategy and writing articles on all aspects of search marketing.
While having a masters degree in creative writing and a background predominately in content, John has found himself drawn to the technical side of SEO – developing a passion for data, research, interactivity, artificial intelligence and voice search.
John occasionally appears on the blogs of various digital and marketing sites including regular articles on the Click Consult blog. He also contributes to free quarterly search magazine ‘Go Viral’ and is the occasional host of the on.click podcast (available on iTunes and Stitcher).
- Killing your darlings – a practical guide for cutting the dead wood
- Why and how you should implement Speakable (and connected) markup now
- Google Sheets formulae and tips for reporting
- An Idiot’s Guide to: Failing to Complete the Actions for the Google Assistant Codelab (and a Realisation that I Need to Learn More Code)
- My Adventures between the Sheets – Using XPATHs, API Requests and Plugins to Help Inform and Monitor Strategy
- How to audit your site’s internal linking (I am the very model of a modern site – in general)
- We Need to Write for Robots (Until They Read Like People) – Why Our Industry Needs Technical Content Creators
- Voice search and snippets and rankings, oh my!